Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tropic Thunder, 2008

Directed by
Written by Justin Theroux & Ben Stiller and Etan Cohen

Starring , , and

This movie is so over the top that, even after having seen it quite a few times, I find myself flabbergasted at the places to which it is willing to go -- and I mean that as a compliment. It is assuredly offensive in quite a few ways, but its willingness to, as they say, "go there" is quite something.  

The acting is actually quite good, though it's easy not to notice that because it's such broad comedy. It's easy to miss that because of Robert Downey, Jr.'s and Tom Cruise's performances (and I've known a number of people who didn't realize it was Tom Cruise for part or all of the movie). 

Particularly for anyone who has an interest in movie "culture," theater, actors, or other such topics, there is a steady stream of ridiculous moments and lines. My personal favorite is "I don't read the script -- the script reads me."

Also, the youngest member of the The Pantheon.



Don't miss the begninng --
it features Tobey Maguire in his brief, hilarious cameo


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The places to hear from me:
Food - josh lubarr food stuff
Geekiness - geekiness(josh lubarr)
Movies - Old Movies and New with Josh Lubarr
Politics - Progressive Politics (per Josh Lubarr)
Silliness and comedy - Le Repository du Silliness, avec Josh Lubarr
Favorite movies - The Pantheon
Me generally - Josh Lubarr's web site extraordinaire
Also also - Josh's Part of lubarr.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment